Technically PVP Show Notes
Episode 71 - TSG 8.1
15:10 - Upcoming WoW PVP Events
24:52 - Subject of Analysis
Today we will discuss, TSG in 8.1
Dmg - Warrior / DK
Heals - MW Monk variation
Support - Storm bolt, asphixiate, leg sweep, duel, disarm, AMZ, death grip, Ring of peace, fear, War Banner
Unholy DK- Damage Traits (Festermight, Helchains, Battlefield Precision)
Warrior - Damage Traits (Striking the Anvil, Crushing Assault), Bastion of Might
Monk-Burst of Life, secret infusion, Overflowing Mists, Exit Strategy
1:15:9 - WOW PVP NEWS
- Dev Q&As
- Why aren't there more currencies and vendors for gear, similar to buying Azerite? A: It's not something they've completely moved away from; there's a place for loot you get randomly from a boss, and for guaranteed progression from other sources. Titanite Residuum helps, but they could probably do more for the raid and dungeons, while Conquest serves that purpose for PvP, allowing you to work toward guaranteed rewards which complement end of match and weekly chest loot.
- Seeing as the War Mode bonus has been at 30% for the Alliance, does this team feel like this has been a failure at balancing? A:They wouldn't be surprised to see it tick down to 25% for the Alliance. They've seen it very effective for the underrepresented faction and they feel this is a success as the faction imbalance is half of what is was.
- What is being done about server stability and lag? A:It's a top priority. But it's not a single problem and it's death by a thousand cuts. They've fixed some problems but they're still investigating and its an ongoing process. Specific reports help, especially with time stamps so that the engineers can look at the logs.
- Can PvP please get some sort of vendor? A:The way vendors worked out in the past, there was an order in which you bought pieces off the vendor. But they understand there is a value in the vendor of Control. The system that they're creating that is more transparent and offers those choice. One of the things they're improving is a choice of 4 Azerite Pieces in Season 2, so that every trait occurs at least once. When you cap your Conquest, you also get a Quartermaster's Coin which allows you to upgrade those pieces in the long term. Certain weeks you'll be able to choose between say 2 Bracers and 2 Pants with different stats. You can pick the best one for you and then upgrade it in the long term with a Trophy bought form a Quartermaster's Coin. In the past, when they had vendors, they had PvP stats like PvP Power and Resilience and because that doesn't exist anymore they need to take into account the rest of the game. There's no such thing as a Raid Vendor and PvP already offers a lot of control. PvP currently offers the most selection as to what piece of gear you want.
- Deepwind Gorge removed from RBGs?
- Hotfixes - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22824893/hotfixes-january-29-2019
- Azerite trait nerfs/buffs
- RDruid buffs
- Arms warrior buffs
- Race to world first Battle of Dazzar’alor
- Trinkets on TR for AWC cups
- PVE trinkets have been removed on the TR. Only PVP trinkets will be available for the AWC Cups.
1:39:40 - Trivia question
Previous episode question was: What was spell-batching and why did it matter to PVP? A: Spell batching was how WOW used to process abilities. They were processed in batches or stacks by the servers, so if spells were cast close enough in real time, they would happen simultaneously by server time.
Congratulations to Solafyde for being the first to send in a correct answer!
Send your answer to Technicallypvp@gmail.com. First correct answer will earn a shout out on the next show
1:41:5 - Shoutouts
- Mysticall to his team and Icy Veins
Mysticall - https://www.twitch.tv/mystpvp
Technically - https://www.twitch.tv/technically_pvp
Andallyn - https://twitter.com/Andallyn1244
Windstead - https://twitter.com/windstead84