Technically PVP Show Notes
Episode 66 - More Blizzcon News
Upcoming WoW PVP Events
- Resurgent ESB Monday Fight nights
WOW PVP NEWS
Subject of Analysis
- Blizzcon Dev Interviews
- There are no plans for improvements on PvP gearing, the dev team wants to see the 8.1 changes on the PvE side in action first before coming up with anything for PvP
- Free for All PvP Quests are scheduled to make a return in Nazjatar.
- Wintergrasp is coming back as an Epic Battleground!
- The Island Expedition's AI was improved to more likely behave like players and be used in Battlegrounds. Just like players, the AI likes to jump a lot!
- PvP Warfronts are currently not planned, but it is an idea the dev team discusses consistently.
- PvP Zone Objectives (like the PvP towers in Terokkar Forest) are scheduled to make an appearance in Nazjatar
- For Tides of Vengeance, the team is working on reviewing the state of abilities added to the GCD and many movement abilities will likely be removed from it.
- Since revamps for Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch were announced, we were curious if Alterac Valley would receive a similar revamp.
- No plans at the current time. Maybe something to get around to later on. WSG and AB are more compact so you see more at once. They are also two popular battlegrounds and part of the Rated Battleground rotation.
- What about Ashenvale getting an update now that Warsong Gulch has one? Slippery slope!
- MMO-Champion puts blogs several interviews together
- There is a relatively even balance of people who play Alliance or Horde.
- Overall win rates in random battlegrounds are "shockingly even."
- Epic battlegrounds tend to favor Alliance and the other battlegrounds skew a bit more in the Horde's favor.
- The ratio seems of win rates is about 54% Horde and 46% Alliance, not including Rated Battlegrounds.
- The amount of players who utilize War Mode currently skew towards Horde.
- In Tides of Vengeance, the team is looking into offering some kind of increased rewards for the less-represented faction in War Mode, so the risk and reward are better calibrated.
- Ion suspects that many Alliance players had bad experiences in War Mode in the beginning of the expansion and have turned off War Mode because of it.
- The purpose of increased awards is to make up for the risk of being killed by the opposite faction, but they want to keep this on equal grounds, and their hope is that increasing the rewards of the less represented faction will encourage more people to activate War Mode when their faction is at a disadvantage.
- Ion admits that Berserking is a bit too powerful of a racial ability for some classes and this is why it is receiving a small nerf.
- Historically, PvP servers have always been more Horde-favored. It might have to do with player identity in the game, such as wanting to be something battle-hardened like an orc.
- Blizzard is also keeping an eye on class and specialization appearance rates in PvP combat.
- What’s next panel
- CDew streams a review of the Blizzcon games and told his secrets
Previous episode question was: What is the name of the pandaren racial trait that reduces falling damage? A: Bouncy! Congrats to Verlane for being the first to answer again!
Send your answer to Technicallypvp@gmail.com. First correct answer will earn a shout out on the next show.
- Quick thanks to Verlane for sending his AWC predictions and his reasoning! He guessed it would be Gosu Crew losing to Skill Capped 4-1.
Technically - https://www.twitch.tv/technically_pvp
Andallyn - https://twitter.com/Andallyn1244
Windstead - https://twitter.com/windstead84