Technically PVP Show Notes
Episode 70 - Cupid 8.1
8:16 - Upcoming WoW PVP Events
- Monday night King of the Hollow is back!
- AWC NA Spring Cup 1 - 9 Feb
- AWC EU Spring Cup 1 - 8 Feb
- Keystone Masters S1
13:28 - Subject of Analysis
Today we will discuss, the comp to love all comps… Cupid Cleave. This comp combines the strengths of Ret Pally and Hunter to decimate the competition!
Dmg - Ret and Surv Hunter consistent DPS and burst
Heals - does it matter what spec? Disc. RSham can work too.
Support - HOJ, trap, pet stun (intimidation), healer cc (mc/fear). Usually not repentance.
Traits? Ret: Light’s Decree, Relentless Inquisitor, FFA traits like Tidal Surge, avengers might?
Hunter? Wilderness survival, latent poison, Battlefield focus.
Disc? Death of shadows, ultimate
1:27:54 - WOW PVP NEWS
- Savix hosted a 1v1 tournament 18 Jan
- Congrats to Venruki for winning overall and Cervantes coming in second!
- Unfortunate end to the tournament. Cervantes was unable to get PTR downloaded so Ven couldn’t play against him. Ven decided to split the winnings, and so the tournament was over…. And then the drama started...
- Keystone Masters Season 1 started!
- Absterge, Pikaboo, Jellybeans and Wizk are no longer with Gosu Crew
- Overview of Season 2 was outlined
- AWC and MDI 2019 announced!
- AWC has some changes
- Only 2 seasons this year for NA and EU with 6 cups each season. Each cup has a $10k USD prize pool and points. End of season finals will have a $100k USD prize pool. 5 teams to advance to Blizzcon
- This is actually an increase cups from 2018 (12 vs 9) with the same prize pools… so more money ($320k USD total)
- China… TBD. 1 team will advance to Blizzcon
- APAC- KR and ANZ will have 4 cups. TW will have 2 cups. Only 1 team will advance to Blizzcon
- LATAM- 4 qualifiers to feed a round robin and culminate in a season finals. Only 1 team will advance to blizzcon
- Split into 2 regions: East (China, KR, TW, ANZ) and West (NA, LATAM, EU)
- There will be 2 seasons for each region. Proving grounds (starting 26 Feb) will feed teams to the Tournament Realm. On the TR, time trials will feed teams to a cup (alternating East/West) over 6 weeks. Each cup has a $12k USD prize pool and points. Each season will end with in a LAN tournament for $100k USD.
- Two ingame toys will be coming to the store. Portion of the sales will add to the grand final prize pool for both AWC and MDI
Previous episode question was: What is the forsaken racial ability that allows them to feed off dead bodies to regain their health? Bonus point - what type of dead bodies? A: Cannibalize. Bonus: Humanoid or Undead
Send your answer to Technicallypvp@gmail.com. First correct answer will earn a shout out on the next show
1:53:46 - Shoutouts
- To Sorna for giving us an iTunes review with the title “Make technically pvp podcast great again.”
- Their review says, “This podcast is great and one of the best for player versus player. I would have given this a five star rating easy a few months ago. However, lately the main host seems like he is miserable discussing WOW PVP lately. I haven’t been able to listen for long as it doesn’t seem like his heart is in it anymore. Anyway, keep up the good work and I’ll check back in 2019 and re-review.”
- SSDS shout out to his teammates
SSDS - https://www.twitch.tv/ssds
Technically - https://www.twitch.tv/technically_pvp
Andallyn - https://twitter.com/Andallyn1244
Windstead - https://twitter.com/windstead84