Technically PVP Show Notes
Episode 69 - RMP 8.1
12:26 Upcoming WoW PVP Events
22:42 Subject of Analysis
Today we will discuss, RMP in 8.1!
1:42:30 WOW PVP NEWS
- Hotfixes since our last episode
- Boetar banned from AWC for all 2019
- Dev Q&As
- The three PvP characteristics are burst/mobility/CC. How should they be balanced in a spec and which class is tougher to balance while preserving its unique characteristics?
- Why do we have to wait until the new raid for Season 2 of Mythic+? Cutting Uldir short would be a little too soon. End game rewards work in parallel. Mythic+ and PvP gear progress in similar power levels to the raid.
- As a Horde player on a Horde dominant server, I will never see the 30% War Mode bonus.? Every weekly reset, the system looks at the relevant balance of the two factions in War Mode in the previous week and adjusts the percentages. Faction Assaults have brought more people to World PvP and turning on War Mode.
- Also of note: In PvP Season 2, once you obtain your Seasonal Mount, every time you fill the bar after that you'll earn a Vicious Saddle.
- It was noted that Elite titles can only be used in the season they are earned : https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1074826864235958272
- The WOW team is trying to find ways to stop 110 twinks: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/disabling-xp-gains-on-110-characters/53391
- At first they were considering disabling XP turnoff for 110+ characters, but then reversed decision.
- The power difference of a 110 with BfA gear is astounding.
- End Game Moves - The multi-post blog on the official WOW site has finished 2018 with the End Game Moves posts
- New BG Brawl - Cooking Impossible
- Did you play?
- Half-hill - FC veggies to the pot.
- Isle of conquest fixes?!
- Goes to show Blizz listens to our feedback.
- 8.1.5 to hit the PTR
2:28:10 Trivia question
Previous episode question was: Which pro WOW Arena player said that they make their teammates clip their nails? A: Swapxy. This was actually meant as a joke when Swapxy was making sure his team was ready for the LAN tournament. :) Congrats to Verlane for being the first to correctly answer this one!
Now to announce our winner of the game time! Since we only had 3 different people submit answers, the reward for this contest was for 1 month of gametime. I put ballots in a bucket for every entry these people earned by taking the time to send in their answers.
Now drum roll please! <bdrrrrdddrrrrdrrrrrdrrrr> The winner is: Verlane!!! Congratulations!
Send your answer to Technicallypvp@gmail.com. First correct answer will earn a shout out on the next show
Rzn - https://twitter.com/rzn732
Technically - https://www.twitch.tv/technically_pvp
Andallyn - https://twitter.com/Andallyn1244
Windstead - https://twitter.com/windstead84